News from the Capitol
- The Central Artery (M5) will remain closed between Exit 17 (22nd Avenue) and Exit 19 (O’Connell Square – Federal Plaza) due to the crane collapse that occurred yesterday morning.
- The interchange between the Central Artery (M5) and the Bypass (M7) on the Western side will be named the Levanti Perrine Interchange, after the crane worker who perished in the accident.
- InterCity trains will continue to bypass Parliament Square station this weekend, as reconstruction work continues on the headhouse and passenger areas. The Pedway connecting Federal Plaza buildings will remain open, without access to the train station.
News from the Union
- Flights out of the West Country Airport resume at noon today, after the earlier-than-expected completion of the Runway Lengthening project.
- The WestLink Metro project reached a milestone Friday, as the tunneling resumes south of the West Country Airport, bound for Glenlyrah.
- The InterCity station at the airport was also completed this week, opening to passengers Thursday morning. It will see four trains per hour in both directions, with additional trains in the peak direction during the rush hour.
- Sat, Sun – Clear